Call for tech-startups that are led by women
In the context of the Digital4Her event, the European Commission is launching a call for EU startups that are led by women. While the event makes part of the "Women in Digital" initiative, launched by the Commissioner Mariya Gabriel for encouraging a more active role of women in the digital age, this call is specifically addressed to women entrepreneurs that bring new ideas to the tech market.
"Digital4Her" is a one day conference event, aimed to bring together policy-makers, university students, women entrepreneurs, investors and anyone interested in the benefits of gender equality in the digital sector.
We are looking for 10 women led tech-startups, that are currently on a growing phase, to pitch in front of a jury formed by investors and startup programme representatives.
The eligibility criteria for the startups are the following:
Eligible startups will be scored based on the following selection criteria:
- owned or co-owned by a woman
- registered in an EU country
- bringing an innovative business related to the digital (e.g. IoT, fin-tech, HPC, blockchain, AI, cyber-security, e-health)
The top 10 startups will be invited to pitch on 19 June 2018 in Brussels.
- investments and awards received
- growing phase (market size for their digital product/service and current financial results)
- plan for scale (new markets planned for expansion, budget forecast)
- geographical balance (only one startup per country is to be selected)