ITWIIN Prize is awarded to a woman of Italian nationality, or living and working on the Italian national territory, belonging to one of the following categories:
- Entrepreneurs: i.e. owners of a company or personalities holding responsibility positions in regularly registered companies, in compliance with the contributions and insurance obligations, and operating in compliance with current regulations in terms of labor, health, safety, environment;
- Professionals: VAT number holders or associated partners, authorized to professional practice and registered in the relevant professional order under current regulations;
- Researchers: graduated women who carry out, under a contract of any kind, research activities in a public or private organization.
Sectors elected and evaluated for awarding the Prize are the following: all scientific, engineering, technical and technological fields, with particular reference to Helthcare, Life Sciences, ICT, Energy, Environment, and also Art and Artisanship, Fashion, Design, Training. Particular relevance will be recognized to results in food, agri, bio and environmental fields.
The Prize is broken down in the following categories:
- Best Inventor
- Best Innovator
- Exceptionally Creative Woman
- Capacity Building
- Higher Education and Training